The SRA liquid (also referred to as the Synthetic Refrigerant Catalyst) is added to the refrigerant of an existing air-conditioner or refrigeration system. SRA is a synthetic engineered catalyst that achieves over 15% energy saving on air-cooled and over 10% energy savings on water-cooled systems. Power Knot supplies the correct amount of fluid for small to very large systems. SRA works on all common refrigerants including R-22, R-134a, R-407, and R-410A.
After you add SRA, you will immediately start to save energy, or for the same energy, you will have greater cooling. As a synthetic component, SRA causes no damage to the cooling system but on the contrary, it extends the life of the system and thereby reduces maintenance.
SRA is applicable for air cooled and chiller units in residential, commercial, industrial, automotive, and refrigerated transport applications.
- Reduces energy consumption from 15% to 35%
- Increases cooling capacity by 15% to 35% for same energy
- Easily installed in an existing system in minutes
- Removes oil fouling
- Improves transfer of heat coils by over 70%
- Evaporates refrigerant at a lower temperature
- Delivers vent air that is cooler by about 2°C (3°F)
- Works with all common refrigerants
- Five year warranty
- World wide support
- Cuts electricity cost 15% to 35%
- Reduce expensive charges for peak demand
- May eliminate the need for additional cooling units
- Extends life of compressor
- Reduces maintenance costs
- Payback is typically 6 months to 18 months
- Qualifies for rebates from many governments or utility companies
- Reduces carbon footprint of business
- Qualifies for LEED points (USA)
How It Works
SRA is a blend of two synthetic components that work together to improve the cooling system. The first component removes oil fouling on the walls of the evaporator and compressor pipes. This improves heat transfer in these pipes by over 70% and delivers colder air to the ventilation.
The second component delivers greater lubricity to the compressor oil. This allows the compressor to use less power and run cooler,. This thereby increases the life of the compressor.
The result is that you typically obtain at least 20% savings in energy, at least 20% reduced maintenance costs, and at least 20% extension of the life of the compressor.
SRA will deliver efficiency gains of 15% to 35%. If the cooling unit already has sufficient cooling capacity, then SRA will deliver electricity savings.
If the cooling unit does not have sufficient cooling capacity, SRA will increase the cooling capacity of the system by 15% to 35%.
With SRA, heat pump systems will save energy in winter heating mode as well as summer cooling mode.
Power Knot guarantees that SRA will deliver at least 10% efficiency gains on your system.
Energy efficiency is perhaps the most important technology businesses can use to reduce operating expenses and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The USA Energy Information Administration states that HVAC and refrigeration systems consume over 24% of all electricity in the United States each year.
Efficiency of cooling systems represents a major opportunity for businesses to reduce costs.
Power Knot sells and supports its products worldwide. The SRA synthetic refrigeration additive has been installed in thousands of systems; it is compatible with most cooling and heating units in every country so it can save money globally.
SRA is added in the refrigerant line of the existing cooling system or heat pump. You do not need to drain down the refrigerant in the system and normally you do not need to turn off the system. This installation requires a certified HVAC technician, and takes several minutes.
If you have several cooling units, a technician can complete the installation of SRA in many units in a day.
- SRA is a proprietary synthetic formulation that does not chemically alter the refrigerant or the oil.
- SRA is non-toxic, non-hazardous, does not have ingredients that damage the ozone layer, is safe to handle and dispose, and is compatible with modern synthetic compressor oils.
- SRA does not contain any form of a chlorine or chlorinated compound, sulfur or sulfated compound, and does not break down into chlorine or sulfur acids over time.
- SRA does not contain any solids such as graphite, PTFE (Teflon), or molybdenum disulfide.
- SRA does not void the warranty on the equipment.
- Compatible with all common refrigerants, including R-22, R-134a, R-407, and R-410A
- Operates at over 5.5 MPa (800 psi)
Physical and Environmental
- Operating temperature: –20°C to 200°C (–4°F to 392°F)
- Storage temperature: –20°C to 70°C (–4°F to 158°F)
- Shelf life: Indefinite when stored out of direct sunlight
- RoHS: Compliant